Job Title: WebFOCUS Developer
Department: Information Services
Location: Oakland, CA
Reports To: Manager Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
(This is not a dockworker position. It is not covered by the contracts negotiated between the ILWU and PMA.)
Put your experience and talents to work in a role with a unique company - the Pacific Maritime Association (PMA). PMA is a non-profit mutual benefit corporation that serves as a multi-employer collective bargaining agent for approximately 75 shipping lines, stevedore companies, marine terminal operators and maintenance and repair companies at California, Oregon and Washington ports. West Coast port operations (including non-containerized cargo such as bulk and autos) now support 9 million U.S. jobs and contribute 12.5 percent of the U.S. GDP.
PMA’s primary purpose is to negotiate and administer labor contracts with the International Longshore & Warehouse Union on behalf of the Association’s member companies, as well as administrating payroll and certain benefits. Our headquarters and administrative office is located in San Francisco, California, with area offices in Southern California (Long Beach and satellite offices in Port Hueneme and San Diego) and the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon and Seattle and Tacoma, Washington) in addition to Northern California (Oakland).
Under the general direction of the Manager Development, the WebFOCUS Developer develops and manages reports via the IBI dashboard, and maintains reports on PMA’s intranet to ensure quality output and a stable environment. The focus of the WebFOCUS Developer role is to design, develop, test, document and deploy high quality business solutions using the WebFOCUS Managed Reporting platform based on industry best practices and business requirements. The results-oriented candidate will also provide business analysis reporting for key management personnel as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; additional duties may be assigned:
- Design, develop, test, document and deploy high quality reports ranging from simple to advanced drill-down using WebFOCUS 8.x or higher.
- Build, implement and maintain departmental portals.
- Perform and support WebFOCUS custom code base and integration
- Provide maintenance break/fix and tuning support for WebFOCUS and triage support issues to other areas of development as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with other technical resources and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions.
- Maintain WebFOCUS security via Security Center.
- Administer WebFOCUS servers via Administration Console.
- Develop financial reports using WebFOCUS FML.
- Review end-user reports created with InfoAssist+.
- Create, maintain and troubleshoot scheduled jobs via ReportCaster.
- Assist with WebFOCUS 8.1.05 upgrade and implementation.
- Evaluate existing design and propose new development as necessary.
- Write and update technical documentation regarding WebFOCUS reports, portals and other related projects.
- Maintain current reporting applications and create new applications based on business requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be knowledgeable and capable in the following areas:
- Possess in-depth analytical FOCUS language coding experience; experienced with development of drill-down reports.
- Strong working knowledge of App Studio, InfoAssist, ReportCaster, and IBI portal design required.
- Experience with WebFOCUS security and design protocols.
- Facility in analyzing and understanding datasets.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Possess excellent communication, written, oral, inter-personal and teamwork skills, communicate constructively and confidently, listen openly, and collaborate well with staff and others in different groups.
- Convey a professional and positive attitude with action/results orientation to problem solving and to continually improve the operational performance of the staff/ department and eliminate backlogs.
- Possess proven ability and experience in exercising good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters.
- Display flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment and ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities. Sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Model independent thinking and ability to foster collaborative brainstorming or knowledge sharing; predisposition to mentor and subsequently increase responsibilities as team develops.
- Show facility in multi-tasking to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining vigilant attention to detail and focus on producing accurate and complete information.
- Display strong initiative for own technical development including learning from others about the nuances of the organization’s operational activities and industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers, staff, and management and outside business contacts.
- Extensive and excellent computer skills and experience using robust systems such as WebFOCUS and Oracle, and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Business Administration, or relevant area, from an accredited 4-year College or University.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in WebFOCUS development.
- Eight or more years of experience in a corporate or similar environment.
- Must be able to work and sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 5 lbs.
- Must be able to crouch, bend and reach on a daily basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The work environment is that of a typical office setting and can be very hectic at times, particularly when meeting deadlines. The offices are located in downtown Oakland within easy walking distance of public transportation and the retail center of the city. Infrequent travel may be required from time to time.
Pacific Maritime Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume (in MS Word, PDF, or text format) to:
Human Resources Department
Please write “WebFocus/BI Developer – Oakland, CA” in the subject line.
HR (confidential) Fax: (415) 520-5314