Office Services Coordinator
Job Title: Office Services Coordinator
Department: Office Services
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Human Resources Department
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
(This is not a dockworker position. It is not covered by the contracts negotiated between the ILWU and PMA.)
Put your experience and talents to work in a role with a unique company - the Pacific Maritime Association (PMA). PMA is a non-profit mutual benefit corporation that serves as a multi-employer collective bargaining agent for approximately 75 shipping lines, stevedore companies and marine terminal operators at California, Oregon and Washington ports. West Coast port operations (including non-containerized cargo such as bulk and autos) now support 9 million U.S. jobs and contribute 12.5 percent of the U.S. GDP.
PMA’s primary purpose is to negotiate and administer labor contracts with the International Longshore & Warehouse Union on behalf of the Association’s member companies, as well as administrating payroll and certain benefits. Our headquarters and administrative office is located in San Francisco, California, with area offices in Southern California (Long Beach and satellite offices in San Diego and Port Hueneme) and the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon and Seattle and Tacoma, Washington) in addition to Northern California (Oakland).
Under the general direction of Human Resources Department staff the Office Services Coordinator drives the PMA Headquarters daily office operations for facilities management, office supply procurement and inventory management, mail room operations, office equipment maintenance and repair, and provides limited administrative support. This position will coordinate mail room activities, including internal and external mail management flow, receiving and shipment, and courier service. The role takes ownership of the office appearance, cleanliness and security. Superior customer service skills, great attention to detail, and utmost professional demeanor are the hallmarks of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the office mail room to ensure ingoing and outgoing mail is timely and accurately distributed, to include packages, USPS, FedEx, UPS, courier services. interoffice mail service and incoming faxes.
- Maintain San Francisco office keys, fobs and badges. This includes issuing and deactivating fobs and managing office keys.
- Handles the facilitation of office moves which includes engaging third party moving companies and the coordination between offices.
- Order and maintain HQ office and break room supplies, including emergency supplies, for both general and custom items while ensuring established inventory is maintained.
- Greet visitors and answer general incoming facilities calls in a timely, professional, and friendly manner.
- Coordinate maintenance, repair and supplies of multifunctional printers to include changing toner, clearing paper jams, weekly cleaning maintenance and daily paper refill.
- Initiate work orders to building management for repairs and oversee repair work to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Assist with scheduling ergonomic assessment appointments for the San Francisco and Oakland offices. Maintain ergonomic reports, purchase supplies and equipment, and process invoices.
- Maintain company phone directory and distribute on quarterly basis.
- Ensure common areas of the office, including Office Services room and conference rooms are tidy, and well supplied with appropriate inventory.
- Point of contact for office, building, mail and supplies inquiries.
- Establish solid relationships with building, maintenance, garage and security personnel to coordinate office activities smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide safety orientation to new staff which occur monthly (on average).
- Coordinates the annual flu shot program for the San Francisco and Oakland offices. This includes contacting the flu vendor and scheduling the flu shots.
- Coordinate with building janitorial service to ensure that the kitchen is stocked once per day.
- Manages the distribution of incoming mail for the San Francisco office. Collects that mail and distributes it in individual mailboxes.
- Assists with the planning of annual office holiday party.
- Orders business cards for the SF office staff.
- Coordinates with the building on office maintenance including annual carpet cleaning, painting and repairs.
- Contacts outside vendors for copier and printer maintenance.
- Processes expense reports for Office Services credit card. This includes entering invoices into Concur.
- Schedules quarterly safety meetings in conjunction with PMA’s training department.
- Occasional coordination with IT to ensure office meetings are set up correctly with required projectors and laptops. Occasionally orders breakfast and lunch for meetings.
- Manages the setup of new office services vendors including COI updates, purchase requests and account set-ups.
- Index and prepare boxes for storage with Iron Mountain.
- Schedule annual employee headshots for the SF office in conjunction with HR.
- Provide administrative support to HR and other departments. Administrative functions may include occasional mail merge projects. Other projects may include large copy jobs for new hire and termination packets.
- Create office services manual which includes instructions for daily tasks and all pertinent contact information. Constantly update manual as changes arise.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be knowledgeable and capable in the following areas:
- Possess excellent communication, written, verbal, interpersonal and teamwork skills; communicate confidently, listen openly, and collaborate well with staff and others in different groups.
- Display integrity and work ethic beyond reproach as position will be hands-on and taking ownership for office logistics and general appearance.
- Convey a professional and positive attitude with action/results orientation to problem solving and to continually improve the operational performance of the Office Services portfolio.
- Demonstrated skill in exercising good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters. Display flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment and ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
- Maintain vigilant attention to detail for facilities and efficiently and effectively correct problems.
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills in managing to daily or periodic deadlines.
- Requires initiative and proactive approach to job responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university, preferred.
- 2-4 years working in a professional corporate environment.
- Knowledge of office equipment and facilities, including photocopiers and postage machines, preferred.
- Good computer skills and experience using MS Office applications.
- Walk ¼ mile distance to post office on a frequent basis or other errands as needed.
- Must be able to work and sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to crouch, bend and reach on a daily basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The work environment is that of a typical office setting and can be very hectic at times, particularly when meeting deadlines. The offices are located in downtown San Francisco within easy walking distance of public transportation and the retail center of the city.
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume (in MS Word, PDF, or text format) to:
Human Resources Department
Please write “Office Services Coordinator” in the subject line.