Provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President/Chief Financial Officer in areas such as the completion of special projects and reports, calendar management and scheduling, preparation for and reporting on meetings, preparing highly confidential and sensitive documentation, answering non-routine correspondence, dealing with a diverse group of external callers as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization, filing, telephones, travel logistics and other special events and duties as needed. Additionally, provides support to the Vice President and Treasurer and the Vice President and Controller. May exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments. Must regularly acts with a degree of initiative to perform the duties outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer’s schedule and update his calendar accordingly.
- Arrange all travel logistics.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of Finance Committee Meetings; related events and projects.
- Prepare, distribute and follow-up with various correspondence.
- Act as liaison with reporting department heads of the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistant to the President, the Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel on projects related to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare expense reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing presentations.
- Handle telephone and email inquiries and respond as appropriate.
- Participate in other activities at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's degree
A minimum of 4 to 6 years of work in a similar office environment
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of office practices including the operation of standard office equipment
Must have strong interpersonal skills and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations
Must have attention to detail and a tolerance for working on multiple projects simultaneously
Demonstrated commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
Requires excellent communication and organizational skills
Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) and the ability to interpret written and verbal requests as required.
Requires a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Programs, especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Lotus Notes.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions and decimals.
Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work. Excellent organizational skills are required.
The physical demands of this position are typical of those found in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment can be fast paced and hectic with a high volume of work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Pacific Maritime Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply via this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=pacificma&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US